A cookie is a text file that we store on your computer (or other electronic device), with your consent, when you access our website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow OakView Financial to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps OakView Financial to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables OakView Financial to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
3. Third-party cookies
4. Description of cookies
The list below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
- Session cookies. These are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies. A persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We do not use persistent cookies other than for the reasons described above.
5. How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner web page on cookies: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/privacy-fact-sheets/general/privacy-fact-sheet-4-online-behavioural-advertising-know-your-options