We/us/our means OakView Financial ACN 629 420 391
Website means the domain name www.oakviewfinancial.com.au and any sub-domains.
You/Your means any person who accesses our Website or contacts us in person or by phone with regard to the products and services provided by us.
Commitment to privacy
- how we collect information;
- how we use and disclose any information we collect;
- how we protect the personal information we collect;
- how you can access the personal information we may hold about you;
- how to make a complaint about a privacy breach under this policy; and
- how we will deal with breach of privacy complaints.
We value your privacy, and as such, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the Act, APP and CR Code.
Type of Information Collected
The types of personal information that we collect typically includes your:
- legal name;
- contact details (such as address, business address, telephone and email);
- date of birth;
- occupation and employment information;
- business information;
- financial information (such as assets, liabilities, income and expenditure, account details, books of account, profit and loss statements, financial intelligence, sales records, budgets, targets, performance measures and other data);
- financial information such as assets, liabilities, income and expenditure;
- complaint details; and
- involvement as a party in pending and completed legal proceedings.
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information for a number of reasons, however the main reasons why we may collect personal information from you are:
- to process transactions;
- to identify or contact you;
- to improve our Website and customer service by receiving feedback on our products and services;
- to assist us in responsibly marketing our services;
- to assist in the preparation and co-ordination of the newsletters that we send from time to time;
- so that we can communicate with our customers, suppliers and other persons or organisations that we do business with;
- comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
We may collect personal information from you in a number of different ways for example:
- when you allow us to access your records or data;
- when you provide us with information;
- when you apply for, purchase or utilise any of our products;
- when you provide your details through our Website or any similar publications;
- when you request information from us about our products and services; or
- if you fill out any of our surveys or marketing material.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You can deal with us anonymously when it is lawful and reasonably practicable to do so. For example, when making general enquiries about our products or services that do not involve the completion of an application for our products or services.
Destruction of unsolicited personal information
If we become aware that we have received unsolicited personal information without your consent, we will destroy or de-identify that information.
Using your personal information
By using our Website, purchasing any of our products or using our services you agree that in respect of any of your personal information received by us:
- we will be entitled to record that information and use it in accordance with this policy;
- we will be entitled to contact third parties, the details of which you have given us as part of your application with us;
- we may use that information to contact you about our products and support services or to provide you with general information about us;
- we may use the information we collect from you for the purposes of improving our products or services, or to collect information for the purposes of statistical or marketing analysis.
Personal information collected by us for the above purposes may be distributed globally.
Apart from the circumstances set out above, unless required by law, we will not disclose any personal information we collect from you without your specific consent.
Changing and accessing information
If you wish to change or update any of your personal information or you wish to access the personal information we hold about you please contact us and we will arrange for this to occur. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. You may be charged a fee for access to this information.
In accordance with the terms of this policy we may communicate with you to provide information about our products, support services and ongoing training, special offers, promotions or other matters that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will not send third party advertising information to you without first asking you whether you want to receive this information.
If you are receiving communications from us and you no longer wish to receive these communications please contact us and inform us that you wish to unsubscribe.
How we secure your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the information we collect about you secure and to prevent unauthorised access to this information. However, we cannot give any guarantees or warranties about the security of your information and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of any unauthorised access to your information.
Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13 allow you to access and correct the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out below.
Opt in and Opt out policy
We allow you to control all communications directed to you.
We may send you e-mail communications to provide information which we think you will find useful, including information about new products and services from us. You can unsubscribe from any e-mail list by following the simple instructions on how to immediately unsubscribe or opt out, which are included in all our e-mail newsletters. Alternatively, you can contact us on the details set out below.
If you change or move e-mail addresses please let us know so we can redirect your e-mail to your new address.
We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable. If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your complaint, it may be referred to a recognised external dispute resolution scheme.
You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps listed on the website: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
OakView Financial Privacy Department
Post: Attn. Privacy Department
PO BOX 4889, Gold Coast MC QLD 9726